St. Louis Emotional Intelligence Center for Testing & Development (STLEIC)
As a small business, at STLEIC we provide the full range of mental health and wellness services, which includes therapy/counseling, coaching, consulting, emotional intelligence (EQ) workshops, EQ testing, business training, and couples’ classes.
PAYMENT METHODS AVAILABLE FOR THERAPY & COUNSELING
There are two methods of paying for our therapy/counseling services.
(For our other services please visit www.Hirecoach.com and www.STLEIC.com)
- Health Insurance
Our therapy/counseling clients have the choice of filing a claim
for health insurance benefits eligibility or they can self-pay (*out-of-pocket).
In the recent past, a review of our business model showed we needed to improve the balance between income and expenses/overhead. The obvious problem was that our overhead and expenses were rising while our reimbursement for counseling services as a contracted in-network provider for managed care insurance companies remained FLAT. These reimbursement rates are fully determined and fixed by managed care companies. We had no voice. Even as more training and certifications were added, and years of experience (decades in our case) were gained, those enriched benefits to clients (and the companies) were not recognized and respected and did not trigger an increase in reimbursement for us. In some cases, fixed reimbursement rates even decreased.
After over 25 years of professional service as an in-network contracted provider for managed care insurance companies, we had not even seen a cost of living increase.
We took action. We went to work cutting expenses and withdrew from contract participation with in-network managed care insurance contracts.
PLEASE NOTE: We have taken steps to make it simple and quick for you to apply for your eligible insurance benefits. However, aside from the help provided and described here, STLEIC has no information about your insurance coverage for our counseling services and makes no claims, predictions, or guesses about your coverage.
We accomplished our business-balancing goals and established fair and affordable fees for services. We purchased a user-friendly software application similar to a banking app. Our clients can easily file their claims for any eligible insurance benefit ---such as out-of-network reimbursement--- for our counseling services. We maintain our qualifications on the record so that you can file and may receive insurance reimbursement for our fees if you have eligible benefits for our services. (Please see below for details.)
Our therapy/counseling clients have the choice of filing a claim for health insurance benefits eligibility or self-pay (*out-of-pocket).
HEALTH INSURANCE BENEFITS
We keep our qualifications up-to-date for eligible insurance coverage of our counseling services by many companies through the national registration list (NPI) described below. We know that most therapy clients have health insurance and may prefer to use it.
Yet, some people may be reluctant to check out their benefits because filing claims for eligibility/ coverage has been a major hassle. We are determined to make the process of filing for those insurance benefits as easy as possible for our clients--- and hopefully with quick reimbursement. We purchased a claim-filing software to help our clients.
At STLEIC, we have taken two steps to help our clients use to file for their eligible insurance benefits.
1. WE ARE EXCITED TO PROVIDE YOU WITH A GREAT SOFTWARE APPLICATION (APP) FOR SUBMITTING CLAIMS TO DETERMINE YOUR ELIGIBILITY FOR OUT-OF-NETWORK AND OTHER AVAILABLE INSURANCE BENEFITS.
- STLEIC bought the FastFile/Reimbursify APP in March 2019 through our website host, TherapySites. It is a secure App.
- Your initial sign-up for the App is through the link “Reimbursify” on our site located at www.CounselorStLouis.com
- You install the FastFile/Reimbursify APP on your phone through which you file your claim(s) for eligible insurance benefits.
- It works similar to a mobile banking app---you take a picture of your paid bill from STLEIC (like you process your check in banking apps) to submit the bill along with the insurance claim form.
- You fill out the online claim form with your information and insurance details.
- The APP completes all of Dr. Patt’s professional information that an insurance claim needs.
- As you submit each new claim and service date, all your information and Dr. Patt’s fills-in automatically on the form. This makes filing quick!
- You update if any service detail changes (e.g. date, CPT code, Diagnosis) or you have personal information changes.
- Through February 2020, this billing service is FREE to our clients for the first FIVE (5) bills you send to Reimbursify. After that, FastFile charges you $1.99 for each bill you submit or $14.99 for 10—paid in advance.
- If you need help, you e-mail Reimbursify with your request.
- This is the nutshell version of what you do to quickly and easily file for out-of-network insurance benefits’ eligibility.
- See the Reimbursify site for all the details.
2. DR.PATT KEEPS AN ACTIVE/UPDATED LISTING ON THE NATIONAL PROVIDER INDEX (NPI) SO YOU CAN USE THE REIMBURSIFY APP.
- To stay on this list and keep her NPI number, Dr. Patt goes online quarterly to update and document address and credentials.
- She supplies her valid/current professional state license and professional liability insurance, which is important information for you to know.
- When you submit a paid therapy bill from Dr. Patt to your insurance through Reimbursify to see if they will reimburse you for out-of-network or other benefits available for her counseling services, your insurance company can go to identify her through this nationally recognized resource.
- Dr. Patt’s NPI# is 1427 1251 03.
SELF- PAY / OUT-of-POCKET
This is the desired payment method for many clients. We charge a flat fee for each 45-minute session with no added fee if a spouse, partner, significant other, child, or other family member(s) also attends with the primary client.(As rates can change, contact us for current fees and options.)
At STLEIC, we have a SECURE A CREDIT CARD PROCESSING SYSTEM; take eligible Health Savings Allowance (HSA) cards and the like; accept personal or bank checks; money orders; and cash.
We invite you to inquire directly about additional payment options that may be available for clients who self-pay.
Why do many clients self-pay for Dr. Patt’s services?
There are distinct reasons why clients self-pay for Dr. Patt’s professional services.
- Some clients with insurance self-pay because they want to preserve their privacy. They prefer not to have a mental health service on their medical records with the required mental health diagnosis. This is the choice of a number of people who consider themselves in “sensitive” positions—personal or employment.
- Others are unable to find skilled, highly qualified, and well- experienced providers listed in their insurance networks who meet their needs and with whom they feel they have a “fit”. They make it a priority to use discretionary funds for their important mental health and wellness needs. Instead of spending those dollars elsewhere, clients choose Dr. Patt’s professional services and self-pay.
- Clients who research many therapists before selecting one, often find Dr. Patt’s great credentials, lengthy experience and unique approach to be “just-the-right fit” for them. The question of insurance reimbursement becomes a secondary concern or not a consideration at all. High quality professionalism and that “fit” are their top criteria to take care of their mental health and wellness needs.
- Dr. Patt feels honored that her clients, family, friends and colleagues often refer their family, friends, and co-workers to her for counseling services. The strength of their referrals makes insurance reimbursement a “non-issue” for those they refer to Dr. Patt.
- Many former clients came to Dr. Patt and paid only a co-pay when she was an in-network managed care insurance contractor and have returned for her services. They now self-pay and explain why they do.Paraphrasing, here are the frequent reasons offered:
**We have a great fit.
**Many counselors I tried in my insurance seldom talked much. They only listened and asked how I felt.
**I found that you often get what you pay for.
**I learned more from Dr. Patt in one session than I did from others in many visits.
**Dr. Patt helped me think of things in ways I never had before.
**When Dr. Patt dropped managed care insurance, I stopped coming to her because I wanted to save money. I saw several providers in my insurance plan for my $25 co-pay but did not accomplish anything with them. I am back to see her. Dr. Patt is worth the money.
**Dr. Patt is sensitive, funny, and gets right to the point.
A MESSAGE TO YOU FROM DR. PATT
I am not the most expensive therapist “on-the-block” by any stretch.
BUT I am among the least expensive compared to what I bring to the therapy table through my strong credentials, lengthy experience, and my outside-the-box approach.
Consider what you spend for personal services such as hair care, fitness training, massage, nail salon, and recreational expenses. How does your mental health and wellness stack up as a priority?
I ask you to consider my services.
Check me out, call me, come see me, and decide for YOURSELF whether we have that “fit” you want and if the services I provide are worth YOUR time and money.
Have questions? Call me at 314-250-8114 OR 877-HireCoach (447 -3262) for a 10 or 15-minute phone consult for answers.